Swayam Prabha Channels at IGNOU
CHANNEL-17 Social Sciences and Humanities Channel (IGNOU)
The channel has been stared with an aim to initiate new ways of learning by educating students with better and improved methods of curriculum.
Social Sciences and Humanities Channel run by IGNOU covers some of the Post Graduate (PG) , UG and Certificate courses etc., offered by the University. The channel offers education through video lectures and students can access digital repositories from SwayamPrabha portal.
Channel 17 covers the video content of the following Schools of IGNOU :
- School of Social Sciences (SOSS)
- School of Humanities (SOH)
- School of Gender and Development Studies (SOGDS)
- School of Foreign Languages (SOFL)
- School of Translation Studies and Training (SOTST)
- School of Tourism and Hospitality Service Management (SOTHSM)
CHANNEL-18 BASIC AND APPLIED SCIENCES (IGNOU)
The channel aims to extend outreach of basic and applied sciences by offering a range of multi–media educational contents on various disciplines of sciences and other inter-Disciplinary and transDisciplinary sectors and structuring them at awareness, certificate and diploma level courses for development of skills, entrepreneurship and professionalism in Applied Sciences, Inter-Disciplinary and Trans-Disciplinary sectors. The channel provides curricula and courses that meet the educational requirements of lifelong learners. The channel is expected to improve and sustain the quality of human life and productivity of agriculture and allied sectors by extending the outreach of agriculture education.
Channel 18 covers the video content of the following Schools of IGNOU :
- School of Sciences (SOS)
- School of Agriculture (SOA)
- School of Continuing Education (SOCE)
- School of Inter-Disciplinary and Trans-Disciplinary Studies (SOITS)
CHANNEL-19 PROFESSIONAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION (IGNOU)
Professional and Vocational Education Channel intends to impart knowledge and skills to require for entry into specific professions or occupations, obtained through educational institutions or training programs in order to bridge the skill gap in the Economy. The channel covers courses on various sectors that meet the needs of today’s workplace, and help individuals develop their talent and abilities for future career progression. It aim at providing learners with the skills they need to succeed in the world of work and provide employers with the talented employees they need to boost their long – term profitability and growth.
Channel 19 covers the video content of the following schools of IGNOU :
- School of Computer and Information Sciences (SOCIS)
- School of Management Studies (SOMS)
- School of Vocational Education and Training (SOVET)
- School of Engineering & Technology (SOET)
- School of Law (SOL)
- School of Extension and Development Studies (SOEDS)
- School of Social Work (SOSW)
- School of Journalism and New Media Studies (SOJNMS)
- School of Performing and Visual Arts (SOPVA)
- School of Health Sciences (SOHS)
CHANNEL-20 STATE OPEN UNIVERSITIES(SOUs) AND TEACHER EDUCATION
State Open Universities channel aims to bring about lifelong learning to learners residing in various parts of the country and fulfil the learning needs of the different communities. The channel intends to bring about purposeful and effective learning in the form of non-formal education, supplementary education and open distance education. It aims to strengthen the needs of lifelong learners with special reference to youth, school drop-outs, women, unemployed, self-employed workers with such qualities and skills that will enhance their living standards and expand their capabilities. It serves as supplementary knowledge resource for people already engaged in different professions or enrolled in academic programmes in different open universities of the country and enhance professionalism.
Channel 20 covers the video content of the courses pertaining to the following:
- All State Open Universities (SOUs)
- School of Education (SOE), IGNOU
- Staff Training and Research Institute of Distance Education (STRIDE), IGNOU